CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2.16.2009

Worship





Have you ever thought about what makes a good thinking spot? I haven't been in many different churches other than my own... but as I walked around this church, I couldn't help but think about how it is we as people sometimes try to mimic what our surroundings feels like and take that into us.... or perhaps more intriguing to me... is taking how we feel on the inside... and make that into something tangible on the outside.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Just as beautiful as being there! Love the music, too.

Idaho Penningtons said...

good thought! Love that arrangementof How firm a foundation!

Kelly said...

Beautiful pictures, Annie!!

Jules said...

Where is this? My husband laughs at me as I drag him into every cathedral we could find while in Italy--and believe me--that's a lot of churches. I never seem to get tired of it though--even as I realize that without the spirit to go with them, they are just amazing buildings. It was an interesting contrast to go from St. Peters Basilica to the humble chapel where we went to church in L'Aquila.

Geoff said...

I like the third photo down--the one of the arches. I've been in that church several times, but I never saw that. Nice find. Julie, it's St. Boniface Catholic church in Uniontown, Wash. Annie, I like your thought that buildings like this can be "taking how we feel on the inside... and make that into something tangible on the outside." I think I've felt that but didn't know how to say it.

Jeni Boisvert said...

that third shot is off the charts girlie!

niiiiiiiiice!